New AppFocus Filters for Affinity Groups, a New Database Connections Discovery Tool, and more in v18.01.00 Release.
Release Date: July 7, 2022
As part of Device42’s effort to provide a more flexible and configurable architecture for generating Affinity Groups, the Main Appliance v18.01.00 release includes our new AppFocus Filters for selecting device and resource characteristics for Affinity Groups. Device42 v18.01.00 also includes a new Database Connections Discovery option that provides expanded database discovery capabilities.
New AppFocus Filters for Affinity Groups
Device42’s new Affinity Group AppFocus Filters allow you to choose a set of device or resource characteristics to define what is included in an Affinity Group’s initial resource relationship analysis. The filters can either suggest Affinity Groups or create them automatically.
Device42 includes three predefined AppFocus Filters named Database, LB VIP, and Database Server, and you can add as many of your own filters as you want.
Upgrade Notice for AppFocus-Based Affinity Groups
Over the next few releases we will fully migrate to AppFocus Filter-based Affinity Groups because they provide more flexible and configurable architecture for generating Affinity Groups, but we are temporarily continuing to support the old Impact and Dependency charts if you still need them. We strongly recommend switching over, and therefore we have decided to turn off the old method during upgrade. We encourage you to try and adopt AppFocus Affinity Groups, but you can turn the old methods back on in the Affinity Groups Configuration screen.
New Database Connections Discovery Job
Device42 v18.01.00 adds a new Database discovery job type that you can use to discover information about databases in your environment. Database discovery is based on database connection information – including application components and DB server details – you supply for the job. Returned database information is added to the On-Prem Databases list page.
Cisco Warranty Check Option Preview
Device42 v18.01.00 includes a preview option to select Cisco as the vendor when you create or edit a Warranty Check discovery job. Cisco Warranty discovery utilizes Cisco’s Support APIs. Select Cisco from the Vendor drop-down when creating or editing the job.
Expanded Agent-Based Discovery Download Options
Device42 v18.01.00 expands the number of available Platform options you can select when you download D42’s Autodiscovery Agent to provide increased environment access. Select Discovery > Agent Based Scans to see the available options.
Insights+ Dashboards Upgrade Notice
Due to an update to our Insights+ dashboards to improve their function and presentation in v18.01.00, the default dashboard may change.
- Resolved an issue in which device and resource counts were not appearing in the Affinity Groups list page.
- Resolved an issue in which users were sometimes not able to rename tags.
- Resolved an issue in which Intune discovery was sometimes failing if the Discover Software option was selected for the job.
- Resolved an issue in which special characters in tags sometimes caused AWS discovery device creation to fail.
- Resolved an issue in which date custom fields were sometimes not functioning correctly for App Component classic reports.
- Resolved an issue in which correct RC version numbers were sometimes not displayed in the MA UI.
- Resolved an issue in which the On-Prem Databases list page was sometimes loading too slowly.
- Also resolved an issue in which filtering the page on a custom field was sometimes not working.
- Resolved an issue in which custom date fields were sometimes not displaying the correct Today date when it was selected.
- Resolved an issue in which clicking the “All Software for this device” button on a device record sometimes incorrectly linked to a list of all software-in-use records rather than a list for only that device.
- Resolved an issue in which permissions for admin groups were sometimes incorrectly duplicated.
- Resolved an issue in which Windows discovery jobs were sometimes not correctly returning install dates for KB updates.
- Resolved an issue in which multiple device Auto Clean rules were sometimes causing one or more of the rules to not function correctly.
- Resolved an issue in which scheduled backup sometimes failed.
- Resolved an issue in which selecting the Polish language sometimes caused the device list page to fail to load or to display incorrectly.
Article is closed for comments.