Improved SNMP Device Discovery Support in Remote Collector v18.00.02
The Remote Collector (RC) v18.00.02 release provides improved SNMP discovery for multiple devices. The most recent Main Appliance (MA) version was v18.00.00, released May 31, 2022.
To download the Remote Collector v18.00.02, please visit https://www.device42.com/update/.
Improved SNMP Device Discovery
The Device42 v18.00.02 RC includes improved SNMP discovery support for the following devices:
- APIC-SERVER-L3 – improved discovery for these devices now returns device serial number, OS data, and parts.
- Watchguard M270 – improved discovery for these devices now returns CPU data, RAM parts, and connectivity data.
- Cisco SG550X-48 – improved discovery for these switch devices now returns stack unit information.
- Resolved an issue in which discovery of router devices was sometimes not returning the device IP address from the ARP table.
- Resolved an issue in which discovery of CheckPoint VSX chassis devices was not successful.
- Resolved an issue in which discovery of end device connectivity for some switches was sometimes failing.
- Resolved an issue in which discovery of switch remote connectivity with SNMP v3 was sometimes failing.