Device and Resource Archiving, Enhanced Database and Cloud Discovery, SNMP Device Discovery Templating, and more in Main Appliance v17.11.00 Release
Release Date: April 6, 2022
The Main Appliance v17.11.00 release introduces the ability to archive devices and other resources to retire them or to take them out of service but maintain a record of the archived objects, providing a more complete view of your infrastructure environment and its history. This release also features enhanced database and cloud discovery capabilities and introduces our new Data Building Blocks.
Device and Resource Archiving
- You now can archive devices and resources to retire them or take them out of service. Device42 displays a list view of archived objects, and you can view and edit individual archived objects.
- For example, on a device view page, click the ellipse menu and then Archive to archive that device.
- Device42 displays a confirmation page that shows the device and all the related items that will be archived with it.
- The procedure is similar when you archive a resource, except Device42 displays a pop-up confirmation prompt.
- Device42 adds the archived devices and resources to the Archived Objects list page.
Enhanced Database and Cloud Autodiscovery
Device42 v17.11.00 now supports Postgres SQL database autodiscovery in addition to MS SQL and Oracle. Device42 v17.11.00 now also supports Microsoft Intune cloud autodiscovery. Intune is a cloud-based service that focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM).
SNMP Templating for New Device Discovery Requests
Device42 v17.11.00 includes a new Appliance Manager function that customers can use to supply Device42 with information about devices that they would like SNMP autodiscovery to support. The generated information is sent to Device42 automatically and Device42 uses it to more efficiently add SNMP discovery support for the requested device.
Click Application in the Appliance Manager and then click Generate SNMP Output. Enter the information for the requested device and click Submit.
Device42 Data Building Blocks
Device42 v17.11.00 introduces Data Building Blocks, which makes it easier to get more out of your Device42 data. Data Building Blocks include predefined queries and code examples you can copy and use. Go to the question mark icon in your browser address bar and select Viewer Schema > Data Dictionary to see the predefined DBBs.
See DBB – Data Building Blocks in the D42 docs to see code examples you can copy.
- Resolved an issue in which Exago advanced reporting was sometimes generating errors when adding fields into reports.
- Resolved an issue in which the Database Connection widget was sometimes not displaying connections for non-super users.
- Resolved an issue in which defined life cycle events to remove devices from racks were sometimes not functioning correctly when applied in bulk mode.
- Resolved an issue in which the Ping Sweep autodiscovery was returning incorrect D42 server responses.
- Resolved an issue in which discovery of the SAN property of certificates was sometimes not working correctly.
- Resolved an issue in which a standby restore via a SFTP server would sometimes fail.
- Resolved an issue in which discovery jobs scheduled via the API were sometimes not running as scheduled.
- Resolved an issue in which clicking the Job History link on a discovery job edit page generated an error.
- Resolved an issue in which the horizontal scroll bar was missing from the Room Layout page.
- Resolved an issue in which the Software in Use page was sometimes slow to load.
- Resolved an issue in which on-premise database instances were incorrectly consuming PaaS license units.
- Resolved an issue in which Excel export for device data was sometimes showing incorrect or missing chassis slot data.
- Resolved an issue in which secrets permissions were sometimes not functioning correctly when using the secrets to create discovery jobs.
- Resolved an issue in which adding a subnet tree to a VRF root was not available to non-super users.
- Resolved an issue to enforce correct date formatting to include leading zeros and two digits for month and day values.
- Resolved an issue in which advanced reporting was unable to send emails via a secured SMTP server.
Latest Device42 Update
Current customers, grab the latest update file @ https://www.device42.com/update/.