TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY DISPLAY FOR DATA CENTERS, INTERACTIVE PIE CHARTS FOR DISCOVERY SCORES, CUSTOMIZABLE SECRETS LIST, AND MORE IN V17.07.00
What’s New in Device42:
Release date: October 19, 2021
Rapid Visualizations, Preferred Credentials, and a Convenient Release Cycle
The latest release of Device42, v17.07.00, includes significant improvements in overall speed, visibility and user experience that have been suggested by our users worldwide.
- It’s now easier than ever to assess the environments of rooms with our new floor heat maps and humidity ranges.
- We’ve also improved the Discovery Scores List page to provide Discovery Score Summary pie charts at the top of the page to filter results quickly.
- The Secrets List page responds faster than ever. It features a clean, new design that also enables you to save the column sorting order.
- The latest release features preferred credential use for smooth SNMP autodiscovery.
- Now you can choose to display custom fields you create for devices in device pop-up panels and on layout pages as well.
After feedback from our customers and partners, we’re also starting a new, more convenient cadence for updates to the Main Appliance (MA) and Remote Collectors (RCs) with the 17.07.00 release. New versions of the MA will be available every six weeks, and release updates for the RC will be made available every two weeks. That way, you can keep Device42 current with a minimum of interruption.
Here’s a deeper look at some of the great new functionality you can start using right away.
See it Now: Temperature and Humidity for Data Center Server Rooms
Our customers asked for a simple and intuitive way to make sure that room environments are optimized for the hardware they contain. We listened. Device42 v 17.07.00 now displays temperature and humidity information in Room View layouts. Floor heat maps are shaded green, yellow, and red, and rack views now display temperature and humidity ranges.
Interactive Summary Pie Charts on the Discovery Scores List Page
- Device42 users wanted to know more about discovery scores. Now actionable information is available right from the Discovery Scores List page. It includes Discovery Score Summary pie charts at the top for a quick visual summary of your discovery score status.
- Just hover over the charts, click on a Discovery Success chart section or the chart legend, and quickly filter the scores list for additional context.
Responsive, Customizable Secrets List
Device42 professionals asked for improvements to the Secret’s List page to make access easier. Now the Secrets List page features a cleaner layout, Advanced Search, and the ability to save column sorting order when you select and arrange columns on the page. It also provides results in seconds. See Arrange and Save List Page Column Layout for more information. Compare the new page below with the previous version.
Preferred Credentials First for Rapid SNMP Autodiscovery
Device42 v17.07.00 prioritizes the credentials used for discovery. You can enter multiple community string credentials when you create an SNMP autodiscovery job. When the job runs, it will use the credentials in the order in which you enter them, stopping at the first successful authentication. Subsequent job runs use the last successful credential and then the remaining credentials in the ordered list. This change makes discovery faster and reduces the potential for lockouts.
Custom Fields for Device Pop-up Panels and Layouts
Many of our customers create custom fields for their devices to organize them and add additional information according to their specific situations. Now custom fields can be even more useful. With v17.07.00, you can now choose to display those custom fields conveniently in device pop-up panels and on layout pages. Device panels and pages now also display Console Port details for devices. When you add a device custom field, simply check Include in Context Pop-ups to include the custom field in panels and on pages.
The following issues have been resolved.
- The cloud autodiscovery POST API is missing the add_tags_as_custom_fields parameter.
- The Infrastructure > Vendors menu option is not visible for non-super user accounts that have vendor access permissions.
- The schedule_days and schedule_time parameters are missing from the autodiscovery Import/Export spreadsheet.
- Unable to assign a Shelf to the Where property through the /rack/ POST API call.
- The x_pos parameter is missing from the view_device_v2 DOQL query.
- Deleting the VRF group entry will delete the discovery jobs associated with it.
- DOQL query execution time for non-super users is slow.
- Custom field values are not displayed for devices in Edit mode in Firefox browsers.
- The second entered secret is ignored for *nix discovery jobs.
- A storage discovery exception occurs for DELL EMC Unisphere for SC devices.
- Sending mail from the main appliance may sometimes fail.
- The VRF Group ID parameter for discovered devices is not set correctly using the /auto_discovery/ucs/ POST API.
- Deleting a PDU from a rack via the existing API does not work correctly.
- Rotating a rack in the room layout view does not work correctly.
- Autodiscovery of Cisco ASA devices may generate an authentication error.
- Leading spaces in tags created in the UI or by API calls are not removed correctly from the tags.
- When a device port is deleted, the cable connected to the port is also incorrectly deleted.
- The displayed room layout is incorrectly reorganized when the room is resized.