UPDATED HOME PAGE WIDGETS AND IMPROVED GLOBAL SEARCH FEATURE AND MORE IN V17.06.00
Release date: September 21, 2021
Device42 v17.06.00 includes an enhanced home page with updated widgets and an improved Global Search feature, UI improvements for list pages and resources in-line lists, new Affinity Group/Business Application functionality, updated Discovery Scores pages, and multiple bug fixes.
Updated Home Page Widgets and New Global Search Feature
- The Device42 v17.06.00 home page features our new updated widgets that give you a quick, clean visual look at your environment, making it easier to spot important trends and statistics.
- You can click and drag the widgets to arrange them to best suit your needs, and you can also select which widgets you want to see to get the information you want when you want it.
- The home page also includes an improved Global Search feature that lets you search your whole Device42 environment to find what you need quickly and easily. Just type in your search and click the magnifying glass and Device42 shows you all your results sorted and displayed by category.
UI Improvements for List Pages and Resources
- Device42 v17.06.00 now lets you save column sorting order when you select and arrange columns on list pages. See Arrange and Save List Page Column Layout for more information.
- Device42 now also sorts the items displayed in-line on resources properties pages and includes a total count of the number of items in each category.
New Affinity Group and Business Application Functionality
- You can now use a new command on the Affinity Group list page to quickly and easily add multiple affinity groups to an existing or new business application. Simply click up to five affinity groups on the list page and select Add Affinity Groups to Business Application from the Actions menu.
- Select the Business Application you want, or add a new one, and click Add objects to the Business Application.
- The added Affinity Groups are then available on the Business Application canvas.
Discovery Scores Page Enhancement
With v17.06.00, we see the first of many Discovery Score enhancements. The Detailed Summary on every job now includes a new chart layout that makes it easier to quickly see the results of your discovery job. This also gives insights to the specifics of what was searched for and what the potential causes might be for partial failures. The charts use green, yellow, and red graphics to show the status of the various Discovery and Queue scores.
Enhanced AWS and MS Azure Cloud Autodiscovery
Our customers are building more agile applications with server-less services and in v17.06.00 cloud autodiscovery now returns results for AWS Lambda and MS Azure Functions. Functions discovery includes the functions application and the functions themselves. For information on how we will license functions, please see our documentation pages.
Resources Menu Devices Consolidation
Device42 v17.06.00 removes our deprecated Compute menu items (All Compute, Cluster, Physical, Virtual) from the Resources menu as we have migrated to our new list page architecture for devices. Select Resources > All Devices to view all your device types.
Upcoming Main Appliance and Remote Collector Release Cadence Changes
We will be changing the release cadences for the Main Appliance (MA) and Remote Collectors (RCs) beginning with release 17.07.00. We will now release new versions of the full product every six weeks and release upgrades to the RC every two weeks. For RC releases that do not coincide with MA releases, you will have to download the update (from https://www.device42.com/update) and apply it to the Appliance Manager. For releases that do coincide with an MA release, the RC updates will happen automatically when the MA is upgraded.
Releasing RC updates more frequently (every 2 weeks) will help us deliver important discovery updates, feature requests, and other valuable content to you more quickly. With less frequent MA updates, we consolidate our large-scale improvements and provide you with the best product with the lowest level of interruption.
The following issues have been resolved.
- The Application Components Add/Edit page may sometimes be slow to load.
- WDS service may produce failed assembly errors on discovery scan.
- Nutanix discovery may sometimes return device results without correct hardware model.
- An extra webhook event may be generated on a life cycle change.
- Discovery jobs may sometimes fail on their next scheduled run.
- The Quick Search function for Classic Reports may sometimes not work correctly.
- Cannot change devices to ‘in service’ on the Device Edit page.
- Unable to add a rack to the room layout view.
- Top-level drop-down menu in the Appliance Manager was not functional.
- TCP port scan job creates an additional job with a single IP.
- Lifecycle Events timestamps are inconsistent.
- Nutanix discovery job is overwriting D42 notes field with the notes from Nutanix.
- Discovery Exception for Siklu EH-600TX.
- Strip domain name option is ignored for discovered blade devices.
Article is closed for comments.