ENHANCED DEVICE AND OS DISCOVERY SUPPORT AND MORE IN V16.21.00
We are excited to announce the release of v16.21.00, which includes enhanced SNMP device and OS discovery, a new Advanced Report that uses Device42 discovery data to assist customers with planning AWS migrations, updates to cluster device views, the Cloud Connector and the Appliance Manager, and multiple bug fixes
Enhanced SNMP Device and OS Discovery
Device42 SNMP discovery now supports discovery of the following devices and OS:
- White Rabbit
- Baytech PDU
- Cisco 10GBase SFP Modules
- Dell EMC Networking OS10 Enterprise
- New Relutech Report for AWS Migration
Relutech and Device42 have teamed up to ease migrations to AWS. Relutech uses Device42 data collected by Hypevisor/*nix/Windows, SNMP, and Warranty Sync discovery to assist with the financial challenges of undertaking a migration to AWS. Select Analytics > Reports > Advanced Reporting, and then select the Relutech report located under Pre-Defined Reports > Integrations > IT Asset Disposition. See https://docs.device42.com/reports/ for more information.
View Cluster Device Passwords Tab
The View Cluster Device view page now includes a Passwords tab similar to the tab displayed on the View Device page. Click on the Username link in the tab to view password details for the cluster device.
Device42 Cloud Connector Update
The Device42 Cloud Connector (which is the mechanism to manage external integrations to Jira Cloud, Zendesk, and ServiceNow) has been updated with the following improvements:
- For Jira Cloud, references to Jira Service Desk to now refer to Jira Service Management.
- For Zendesk, issues with being able to link to IP addresses, ports, parts, and purchases have been corrected.
No Proxy Setting for Main Appliance
The Device42 Appliance Manager now includes a new field to configure the Device42 Main Appliance with a No Proxy setting so that Webhooks will bypass the proxy for IPs entered in the field. In the Appliance Manager, select Global Settings > Set Proxy, enter IPs in the No Proxy field and click Set.
- An issue in which the API call to delete a subnet was returning an error has been resolved. In addition, an issue in which the two_way_relation parameter was not working with the IP NAT API call has been resolved.
- An issue in which agentless Windows discovery jobs were sometimes not returning all discovered software has been resolved.
- An issue in which a patch panel port was incorrectly deleted when a device connected to the port was deleted has been resolved.
- An issue in which the Tools > Settings > Log Settings page was sometimes unresponsive or slow to load has been resolved.
- An issue in which some Advanced Reports were incorrectly displaying service custom fields data has been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP discovery sometimes returned incorrect Rated Power data (or Power Draw incorrectly displayed the Rated Power value) for discovered PDUs has been resolved.
- An issue in which users sometimes could not save changes made to Business Application in the UI has been resolved.
- An issue in which some customers experienced backup failure after upgrading to v16.16.00 has been resolved.