We are excited to announce the general availability of Device42 v16.05.00, which includes the following:
Password Policy and Strength Enhancements
Device42 administrators can now define user password policy requirements and expiration settings to increase password strength and improve security. Go to Tools > Admins & Permissions > Password Policy to set your password policy. Policy settings include:
- Minimum password length
- Minimum number of uppercase, numeric, and special characters
- Password expiration timing
- User account locking after specified number of invalid login attempts
- User alerts for password expiration
The Tools > Admins & Permissions > Administrator page displays the current password and account status for each user. Administrators can expire a user’s password, exempt a user from password expiration, and unlock a user’s account.
Users are alerted prior to password expiration, or when they enter a valid password after their password has expired. Users locked out of their account see an alert when they try to login.
- The Linux discovery agent correctly retains previously-selected discovery options (for example, -skip-network, -skip-service-ports, -skip-serial, etc.) after Device42 software upgrade.
- Database discovery correctly returns database instance information for MSSQL databases.
- Webhook processing no longer times out if it cannot reach an endpoint.
- The QR code print tool with manual settings selected correctly generates URLs. Users can also select the text size for text rendered along with the QR code.