We are excited to announce the general availability of Device42 v15.14.04 with the following changes:
Agent-based offline discovery
- We’ve enhanced our local agent to allow you to scan your devices without any connection to your RC or your Device42 Main Appliance (MA) whatsoever. This can be useful in a number of scenarios, from highly secure environments to any other that prevents devices from maintaining a persistent network connection to your Device42 appliance.
- When run in offline mode, the agent will create scan logs locally. These logs can be collected and processed to your D42 MA using our Upload tool. Full documentation can be found on our docs site in the “Agent-based Offline Discovery” article. Keep an eye out for the upcoming offline agent-based discovery blog post for more detail!
Proxy agent-based discoveries through remote collectors
- We’ve gone ahead and made enhancements to both our local agents and our remote collector so that when utilized, the agents can proxy all the information they’re discovering right to a remote collector, which will then relay the data back to the Device42 main appliance. This is particularly useful when discovering across segmented networks.
- To download one or more local agents, navigate to Discovery > Agent Based Scans and simply enter the URL of your proxy remote collector, rather than your D42 main appliance.
SNMP discovery enhancements
- This release adds support for SNMP discovery of the following manufacturers and/or devices:
- Dell Compellent FS8600
- Exablaze switches
- Lenovo DS4200 (basic inventory
- Liebert/APC UPS
- HP Ethernet multi-environment printers
- Outlet discovery on Chatsworth P6-3Z1A1 PDUs
- Ubiquiti Edge switches
- Deletion of a discovery job could cause errors if related discovery scores still exist. Fixed.
- SNMP discovery was importing doubled infeeds on Raritan PDUs. Fixed.
Link to our Blog - https://www.device42.com/blog/2019/03/announcing-agent-based-offline-discovery-in-v15-14-04/