We are excited to announce general availability of Device42 v15.11.02 with the following changes:
Enhanced affinity groups, now with application component service connections
- In the prior release, Affinity Groups was enhanced with the ability to display application components. This release further expands on these capabilities, and along with all services within a given application component, you can see all relevant connections to those services.
- This release adds SNMP discovery support for some new hardware, as well as a brand new SNMP discovery feature – users may now choose to ignore target devices by specifying the operating systems to ignore, seperating each with a comma:
The following hardware is supported in v15.11.02:
- Cumulus switches
- HP 1810 Switches
- APC Symmetra support
- Arista switches, support for IPv6 addresses
- The API received enhancements in this release, as well. The line_devices_id endpoint can now speak CSV, DOQL error messages were improved, and more:
- Added support to provide a list (CSV) of device ids using parameter line_devices_id in /api/1.0/purchases/ endpoint
- DOQL error messages are now returned in the requested output_type
- DNS Zone auto-discovery job import/export added
- Filter IP settings have been added to SNMP auto-discovery job import/export
- Empty Application Component created if excel import contained an empty depends on list for Application Component import. Fixed.
- Google cloud discovery could fail if no image data was retrieved. Fixed.
- AS400 discovery log could report lack of lib64/libcurl.so.4 version information. Fixed.
- Audit log page could become unresponsive when dealing with large datasets. Fixed.
- Room layout could fail to save settings without providing an error. Fixed.
- Advanced reporting could fail to send a scheduled report when configured to use an SMTP relay without credentials. Fixed.
- DOQL queries that contain the % character could fail to execute. Fixed.
- DOQL queries could fail when executed by non-super users. Fixed.
- Cloud recommendation data output did not include devices with resource utilization in the regular inventory tab. Fixed.
- Device topology chart was not displaying server connections to undiscovered listeners. Fixed.
- Nginx syslog settings were not being properly applied. Fixed.
- AWS instance status was not updating when instance was terminated. Fixed.
- HP warranty sync could generate errors for certain serial numbers. Fixed.
- Dell warranty sync was not creating purchases if serial option was set to “Returned from vendor”. Fixed.
- VMWare 6.7.1 discovery may fail. Fixed.
Link to our blog - https://www.device42.com/blog/2018/11/to-affinity-and-beyond-in-v15-11-02/