We are excited to announce the general availability of Device42 v15.05.02 with the following changes:
VMWare datastore discoveries
- We are now importing DataStores found during VMWare Auto-discoveries as mount points on the VMWare host device. The new mount points can be seen on the host’s Device details page under the ‘Mounts’ tab.
Bulk add ports from part model and hardware model layout pages
- We have been listening to your feedback on the recent layout changes, and this update adds some minor refinements that make creating and maintaining ports on the ‘Part Model’ and the ‘Hardware Model’ layouts a little easier.
- Users can now utilize the ‘Bulk Add’ option on the ‘Enter Port Information’ popup to generate or re-configure ports in the layout. Start by simply dragging the first new port onto the layout, starting from the left-most position. Next, select the ‘Bulk Add’ option and enter generation details into the dialog. Ports that are missing will be created, and existing ports should be moved to their proper place. We will continue to make usability improvements to the Layout functionality, so keep a watch for additional changes in the near future, and please keep the feedback coming!
- Vertical full-height blade slots may be created too big to fit in smaller devices. Fixed.
- Unable to select all blade slot sizes when creating a new blade slot for smaller devices. Fixed.
- Performance issue with auto-discoveries with a large number of service ports. Fixed.
- Redfish auto-discovery fails when using local discovery (e.g. discovery sans remote collector). Fixed.
Link to our full blog post: https://www.device42.com/blog/2018/06/vmware-datastore-discovery-and-bulk-add-ports-in-v15-05-02/