We are excited to announce general availability of v14.12.0 with the following changes:
Granular services and software data
- We are now capturing deeper services and software data to assist in better application mappings and digital transformation efforts like cloud migration. The following is a quick summary of the enhanced discovery capabilities. For now, the new capabilities are Windows-only. We will be extending these capabilities to Linux in the near future. The new discovery capabilities include:
- The location of the install folder for services and software.
- The service to software relationship (based on the install folder). On the services pages, you will now see additional details for services such as the vendor, version #, install date and other data points previously seen only on the software pages.
- The granular permissions for the install folder (top level) for each software component on each device.
- The registry information for each software component on each device.
- All the configuration files found in the install folder for each software component on each device.
- Software that is related to a service but was not installed via a standard OS installer.
- These options can be enabled for each Windows Auto-Discovery job in TOOLS>Auto-Discovery>Hypervisors/*nix/Windows. The resulting software details can be viewed for each software instance in the Software in Use screen and can be retrieved programmatically via a new DOQL view view_softwaredetails_v1.
Ignore subnets on *nix/Windows auto-discoveries
- A new option to ignore subnets has been added to *nix/Windows Auto-Discovery jobs. When selected, discovery will no longer create subnets in Device42 as part of discovery. Just a reminder, Auto-Discovery jobs can be created in TOOLS>Auto-Discovery>Hypervisors/*nix/Windows
Link to our Blog: https://www.device42.com/blog/2018/03/granular-services-and-software-data-for-enhanced-application-mappings-in-v14-12-0/
Article is closed for comments.