Starting with v520 we have enhanced application mappings tool with ability to add services and also added a new API excel import option that lets you import anything available via API right from the GUI.
Quick summary of changes in v5.2.0:
- API Excel import functionality to import almost any data into device42 using spreadsheets. This utilizes device42's powerful REST APIs. You don't have to crack open a shell or write a script anymore to interact with device42 using REST APIs.
- Added new APIs to create/update Passwords, IP NAT relations, associate device/asset to room.
- Enhanced application mappings to support applications without device dependency. Now you can add top level service or external services that don't directly depend on a device.
- Ability to see all VLANs from device mac address connectivity.
- Other API enhancements and bug fixes.
More details on this post appeared at: http://blog.device42.com/2013/08/enhanced-application-mappings-and-api-excel-import-with-v5-2-0/