We are excited to announce release 2.3.1 with better application dependency mapping and impact charts and other exciting features to better visualize your data centers, servers and application components. Here are the new features:
Better Application Dependency Charts and Impact charts(New)
Visually see what an application component depends on and what it impacts if it goes down. Now supports circular dependencies, shows all devices in cluster. And you can re-size the chart for optimal viewing and printing experience.
Impact chart view from device, rack, room and building level.
Visually see the impact of a device whether it is physical, virtual, blade or cluster. Also see impact of a whole rack, room or even buidling. When you are in the view mode of any of these objects, you would see a new button for Impact Chart next to history button.
Device Tree. Expandable/Collapsable view of all devices
Now View devices from building >room > rack> physical and even blades in physical, virtuals in physical or blade. Click on each device for a popup view as well.
- Organization display name changed to vendor.
- Update page shows the current version even if license is expired.
- Impact list for application components now supports circular dependencies. No more recurssion error messages!
- While adding to a rack device type has to be physical(no more unknown device allowed).
- If a device already has hardware defined, auto-discovery won't change the hardware now. Allowing the hardware change, was introducing issues in rack and device view if device already was part of a rack.
- When CDP neighbors is checked for auto-discovery, if device42 appliance can't reach a CDP neighbor or credentials are different from main network device, it throws "task failed", while it is partially successful. We are working on changing the message.
- Subnet discovery part in auto-discovery in some cases comes back with HTTP 500 error message and rest of discovery goes through. We are looking into this.