Network auto-discovery is finally here! We are excited to add following new features starting with release 2.1.1.
- Network Auto-Discovery : SNMP module to get MAC tables, ARP tables and port connectivity information from network devices.
- APIs: REST based Application Programming Interface. Ability to populate device42 database using external programs and/or scripts via device42 APIs. For now, its limited to certain fields on device and IP and we would be expanding these as we get more feedback from you.
- Reporting by OS: You can now search, sort and filter based on OS.
- Modules List: For any physical chassis, you can now see all the blades that are part of that chassis or blade server (appears next to history button on top for that blade chassis view).
- Virtuals List: For any virtual host, you can see list of all virtuals that belong to it (appears next to history button on top for that virtual host view).
New Field Additions:
- Added manufacturer part # for hardware
- Added Version # for Operating System when defining it for a device.
- Search bar on home page.
- Warning message for IE users.(IE is still not supported)
- Hardware list view is simpler as power information is hidden now.
- No more overlapping of devices allowed when adding devices inline in a rack. It throws internal server error now.
- If Virtual machine has virtual host option checked, it can't be parent of self. Also, parent of virtual machine's host can't be type virtual.
- Time sync for virtual appliance. Even when hardware clock on virtual host is correct, device42 virtual appliance doesn’t sync up correct time in some cases. We are working on adding an option to fix this.
- IE doesn't render menu bar correctly. We have added warning message for IE when user logs in.
Article is closed for comments.