We are excited to announce the following enhancements in Device42 v14.5.0:
DOQL access for non-super users
- Non-super users can now run DOQL queries. Object access is limited by their functional permissions (and further restricted by multi-tenancy).
Performance enhancements for multi-tenancy
- This comes with a big backend change to process multi-tenancy rules faster.
Don’t propagate option for buildings and rooms
- If you are using multi-tenancy, you can select an option to not propagate permissions down to child objects from the building or the room level.
SVG export for racks (which can be imported into Visio)
- You can now SVG export your rack images. Check out this post to learn how to import your exported SVG files into Visio.
View password event now available in webhooks
- If you want to monitor who viewed a password in an external system, you can now enable the “view” webhook type to do just that.
- Instance name added to AWS autodiscovery. It can be found in the ‘cloud info’ section. If you have a different hostname than the instance tag name in the AWS console, it will now capture that.
- Added service level and customer selection to all hypervisor related auto-discovery jobs
- Added aliases_remove to devices POST call that takes a CSV (comma separated values) of aliases to be removed from that device.
- Added outlet_name to GET and POST calls to power_units API calls.
- Added API calls for TAP ports and model changes.
- Unicode characters in the server field in auto-discovery jobs were creating issues in some edge cases. Now fixed.