Release Summary 18.03.02
Data Building Block View Refresh Improvements, Device Discovery Additions, and Improvements and more in v18.03.02 Release
Release Date: November 14, 2022
Device42 v18.03.02 is both a Main Appliance release and a Remote Collector release. Device42 v18.03.02 includes an improvement in the refresh process for several data building blocks (DBBs), new and improved SNMP device discovery support, and several bug fixes.
DBB Materialized View Refresh Improvement
Device42 v 18.03.02 includes an improvement to the nightly refresh process for the materialized views of our Compute, Security, and Business App Composition data building blocks (DBBs) to ensure that these DBBs and their associated dashboards reflect your most current D42 data. Select Insights+ from the main menu to access the DBBs and associated dashboards.
New SNMP Device Discovery Support
Device42 v18.03.02 includes new SNMP discovery support for the following device:
- HCP – new discovery for these devices now returns device name, connectivity, and IP address data.
Improved SNMP Device Discovery Support
Device42 v18.03.02 includes improved SNMP discovery support for the following devices:
- Lenovo SR590 – improved discovery for these devices now returns data for their PCi part components.
- PDU APC AP8853 – improved discovery for these devices now returns the correct vendor name for the device.
v18.03.02 Cut Off Release Notice
Device42 v18.03.02 is an upgrade cut off release. We are taking this step to reduce the size of our upgrade package. All customers will be required to upgrade to v18.03.02 to be able to apply future releases going forward.
- Resolved an issue in which our product usage data collection utility, Pendo, was not associating usage data with the correct customer.
- Resolved an issue in which discovery of IBM Flash arrays was not returning accurate capacity, model number, and serial number information when hardware compression is used.
- Resolved an issue in which discovery of blade devices sometimes lost their properties after the discovery was completed.
- Resolved an issue in which disk usage statistics were sometimes not returned by RU discovery of target devices.
Latest Device42 Update
Current customers, grab the latest update file @ https://www.device42.com/update/.
Article is closed for comments.