- Cant add device to rack? You can only attach it to the top, bottom or sides?
- This could be because the device hardware model came in as “unknown”.
- To add this device to the rack you would need to go to the device details page. Resources > Compute > All Devices. Select the device you want to rack.
- Click on the device name > Edit. Change the type to “Physical” > change the physical subtype away from “Generic” Non-rackable.
- Next click on the magnifying glass with the +.
- We will then define our hardware model. Name the hardware > Size > Depth > Width. You can also add part#, Watts, Vendor, images and EOL/EOS information.
- Click Save
- Click save on the Device details page
- Go to Infrastructure > Racks > select the rack and click “Show” under layout > Edit
- Now that editing is enabled you can search for the device > click and drag.
Please refer to these articles for more information on this topic:
Article is closed for comments.